Social Icons

Google

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Beautiful Skin


 
Beautiful Skin

Many times I have people ask me how my skin stays so smooth and youthful. Really to be honest I thought it was a combination of genes, exercise, and beauty products. However, lately I have found that my smooth skin doesn't come from just genes and beauty products; my best beauty product cost practically nothing. I've been fortunate enough to have a sauna built in my home and I will tell you it is the most rewarding and most used room in my home; outside of my bedroom.

Ladies we know we will pretty much try anything to keep ourselves youthful and vibrant, not only for ourselves but also for our mates. Although I am several years younger than my husband I still make a point to stay attractive, and there is nothing more attractive than a woman with great skin. Encourage yourself to try a little heat, either through steam or dry heat before purchasing expensive cosmetics or having a cosmetic procedure. If going to a sauna or steam room becomes too much of an inconvenience you can purchase a face steamer from your local retail stores such as Target, Walmart, and Sally's Beauty Supply.



When I was younger I used to watch my mother steam her face; in which I took this same beauty benefit and incorporated it in my own life. I use to use plenty beauty products and spend a fortune on them; however, I realized most of the benefits I see today have come from steam or dry heat. If you take the time to read about steam rooms and saunas you will find, they're both absolutely amazing when it comes to taking care of your skin. I'm 42 years old and a young man asked me for my I.D. when I ordered a drink at a bar. Of course I didn't have on any make-up at the time but as a 42 year old woman being carded, well, let's just say if I wasn't married I would have hugged the guy perhaps even given him a kiss. There is nothing more flattering or complimentary than someone asking a 40 something year old woman for her ID just to be sure she is of age. At first I thought he was trying to be nice, but even after I expressed my husband had been setting right across from me, his reply wasn't much different. Of course I was very pleased and I was pretty convinced it was because I took time out to rejuvenate my skin in the sauna.
  

Last little bit of advice - listen to the warning signs of the sun. It may have you bronzed and looking like a goddess; however, by the time you're my age you will look twice your age. It's really important to understand the damage that sun has on the skin. As women no matter what age we are we still want to feel and be beautiful. But trust me, you will not feel or look beautiful if you continue to let the sun bake one of your biggest assets. Just because there are multiple layers of skin doesn't mean you can burn up the first layer. I say this because I've watched plenty friends tan their entire life and now that we're in our 40's; they began aging prematurely and now they regret not paying attention to the warning signs. The great thing about it all is none of them have developed any form of skin cancer (another topic). Imagine, the aging process as it relates to the sun and our natural aging process, what do you think your skin will look like after 20 years- better yet imagine how old you will look? Think about it and begin giving your skin the care it truly needs.











No comments:

Post a Comment